Work-Study Employment Application (for Office Assistant and Critical Thinking Lab Assistant)
Instructional Student Assistant Positions
Graduate Teaching Associate Positions
The University, through its major departments, provides graduate students with part-time employment as teaching associates in courses related to their area of advanced study. The appointments usually involve teaching classroom and/or laboratory courses, assessing student performance, and tutoring students. The students assist faculty with field experiences, supervision, and/or research projects. To be eligible, a student must at a minimum:
- Be admitted to classified or conditionally classified status in a graduate degree program at SF State and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better in all course work taken at SF State while in post-baccalaureate status.
- Be a degree-seeking graduate student in the academic department in which she/he is employed to perform instruction.
- Not be assigned to a course in which academic credit is being earned.
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of the subject matter of the discipline in which the assignment is made.
- Possess the ability to communicate and relate well to others within the academic environment and the ability to instruct and constructively evaluate student performance.
- Be registered at SF State during the term of appointment in a minimum of 3 units of course work directly applicable to the graduate degree (including courses for credit toward completion of the graduate degree offered through CEL), or have registered for a Culminating Experience course in the previous semester. Students enrolled in the CEL 499 continuous graduate enrollment program are eligible.
- Not be appointed for more than four semesters.
Program Assistant (Staff)
Part-Time Teaching Position
Email completed application with attached C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.