Are you eligible for the 2020-2021 Bengier Foundation University Scholarship?
Per the donor’s wishes, one scholarship award will be given to an undergraduate student with a declared major in Philosophy.
The University Scholarship is comprised of scholarship funds donated from various donors. The 2020-2021 University Scholarship includes the Bengier Foundation University Scholarship. Students must meet all eligibility requirements listed below or at this link, https://sfsu.academicworks.com/opportunities/11046, and apply using the on-line University Scholarship application at https://sfsu.academicworks.com/opportunities/10868. The on-line scholarship application must be completed and personal statement submitted by the deadline date Monday, April 27, 2020.
- Be a continuing SF State undergraduate who enrolled at SF State for at least half time for the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters
- Be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Enroll full time at SF State for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Have financial need as determined by the FAFSA or CA Dream application (apply using the 2020-2021 FAFSA or CA Dream application)
- Will be receiving less than $5,000 in financial aid grants excluding loans
- Have a minimum undergraduate SF State GPA of 3.0
Fifteen $3,000 Bengier Foundation University Scholarships will be awarded. Within the 15 scholarships, one scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student in each of the following declared majors: History , Mathematics or Physics, and Philosophy.