Wednesday: 11:15 am-12:15 pm
- The interaction between experimental and conceptual developments in scientific modeling.
- The embodiment of cognition.
- The normative components of our dealings with risk (identification, assessment, management).
- Ethical risks, that emerge with activities that have consequences that may turn out to be deeply unethical.
- Other animals.
- Philosophy of Risk
- Seminar on evidence and reliability
- Seminar on embodied cognition
- Seminar on animal ethics
- Introduction to formal logic
- Introduction to philosophy of science (based on case studies)
- Philosophy of perception
- Seminar on scientific modeling
- Seminar on experimental activity
- Seminar on approaches to the self
Forthcoming Fall 2018: Experimental Side of Modeling (editor with Bas van Fraassen). Minnesota Studies in the Philosophy of Science, vol. 21, University of Minnesota Press.
WORKSHOP SERIES AT SF State: 'Experimental Side of Modeling'
I. March 20th-21st, 2009
II. March 30th-31st, 2010
III. September 16-17, 2011